1. What is learner centered instruction (LCI)?Edit
It is an approach to teaching focusing on students learning rather students doing. In the learner centered instruction the teacher does not have a specific method to apply. He or she can implement different methodology in order to increase the motivation in students’ learning.
2. What is the main role of the teacher in LCI?Edit
In Learner centered instruction, the role of the teacher is to be a guide and a friend whom motivates students to learn by themselves, foster them to be responsible with the learning process, design funny and specific activities which involve students to participate and integrate their knowledge with others.
3. Explain the 4 key principles of student centered learning.Edit
The four key principles of student entered learning are:
- Learning is personalized, it refers that teacher know students building a good rapport with them.
- Learning is competency based, learning is about information and skills that students have master to move from a curriculum. Students perceive their subject, individual needs, interest and challenges.
- Learning happens anytime, anywhere: the students have to break the traditional school and traditional rules in order to learn inside and outside of the classroom fostering themselves to learn more and more.
- Students take ownership: they have to take the decision of learning by their own, becoming the main protagonist of the learning process.
- BY:LUISA MOROCHO 220.127.116.11 20:35, July 24, 2016 (UTC)