What is learner centered instruction (LCI)?
It is an active learning were students solve problems, answer questions, formulate questions of their own, discuss, explain,debate, or brainstorming during class.
Also, students work in teams on problems and projects under conditions that assure both positive interdependence and individually accountability
What is the main role of the teacher in LCI?
The teacher creates an environment that:
· Fosters students learning.
· Accommodates different learning styles
· Motivates students to accept responsibility for learning
· Utilizes multiple teaching techniques appropriate for student learning goals
· Designs activities in which students interact with the material, the teacher and each other
· Inspires and encourages student ownership of learning
Explain the 4 key principles of student centered learning.
1. Nature of the learning process
2. Goals of the learning process
3. Construction of knowledge
4. Strategic think
Written by NellyIdrovo