1. What is learner centered instruction (LCI)?
Learner Centered Instruction is a teaching approach that mainly focuses on student learning. It supports motivation and engagement to learn. Also, it is based on active and cooperative learning among students rather than on what the teacher does.
2. What is the main role of the teacher in LCI?
The main role of the teacher in LCI is to reflect and respond to learners' strengths and challenges by fostering student learning, accommodating learning styles,and motivating ownership for learning.
3. Explain the 4 key principles of student centered learning
- Personal Learning.- Educators should recognize individual learning styles to set up accurate activities in advance.
- Competency.- Teachers should help students be long-life learners by taking into account not only their long term memories, but also taking into consideration their lives.
- Learning never stops.- Student learning should be permanent and continuous. Keeping in mind they can learn anytime
- Student's ownership.- Based on what students expect, teachers can foster and enhance students' performance and participation.