4. Answer these questions and share your ideas according to what you have read about Learner Centered Instruction:
a. What is learner centered instruction (LCI)?
It is an approach to teach the students in a new way. The teacher creates a learning environment that resembles as much as possible the one in which students learned their first language.
b. What is the main role of the teacher in LCI?
The role of the teacher is to help the students. Because he is a facilitator of materials and activities that emphasize and supports the student’s learning process.
c. Explain the 4 key principles of student centered learning.
1. PERSONAL LEARNING. Teacher identifies the strengths and the weaknesses of the students.
2. LEARNING IS COMPETENCY-BASED. The teacher is responsible of the students in order to respond their needs and challenges.
3. LEARNING TAKES PLACE ANYTIME, ANYWHERE. The students learn anytime and anywhere because they investigate something interesting outside the classroom.
4. STUDENTS HAVE OWNERSHIP. The students are creative. They engage their own learning process.