GABRIELA ALEXANDRA LARA PEÑAHERRERA
1. SUMMARY OF THE VIDEO: TRANSFORMATION
According to the video the Students Centered Learning is a way to incorporate student’s skills and interest. It´s important that all the principles must work together, for a new system of learning, to get a new generation that contribute to our world.
The 4 key principles are:
a) LEARNING IS PERSONALIZED: It happens when teacher´s knows students and has strong relationships and commits students where they are in their development.
b) LEARNING IS COMPETENCY BASED: Is the information about their skills that students have master for a curriculum, (teacher responds to individual needs, interest and challenges).
c) LEARNING HAPPENS IN ANYTIME AND ANYWHERE: Students will often make important discovers about themselves and the world around them, and it doesn´t start and stop when the ring in the school bells.
d) STUDENTS TAKE OWNERSHIPS: Students play a direct role in their own success, actively engage with the process to ensure that impact is less and meaningful.
2. Answer these questions and share your ideas according to what you have read about Learner Centered Instruction:
a. What is learner centered instruction (LCI)?
Learner centered instruction is a way of learning, that consist in encourages students to take responsibility for their own language skill development and helps them gain confidence in their ability to learn and use the language by active learning and cooperative learning.
b. What is the main role of the teacher in LCI?
Learner-centered instruction encourages students to take responsibility for their own language skill development and helps them gain confidence in their ability to learn and use the language.
· Teacher motivates students to accept responsibility for learning.
· Utilizes multiple teaching techniques appropriate for students learning goals.
· Designs activities in which students interact with the material, the teacher and each other.
c. Explain the 4 key principles of student centered learning.
· Focuses on students learning rather than on what the teacher is doing: learning is personalized.
· Learning is competency based: Learner centered teaching is not one specific teaching method.
· Constructivist approach: learning happens in anytime and anywhere.
· Students takes their ownership: Students are actively involved